Views
Helpful
Replies

CRS-16: new LC installation process

Moh Ka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expertise,

Kindly i will install new 4X100GE-LO [LAN-OTN] and CRS-FP400G to operational CRS-16, So what it the steps and preparation to did that right.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

as long as you have your chassis running on 400G fabric cards (type "admin show platform" and verify you have FC-400G in the output), nothing specific is needed. Of course you need the minimum release running but it goes with the same command, if you have your 400G fabric cards, that means you are executing the proper software in the system). 

Inserting new cards will not impact the traffic of others. Also, there is no particular order (FP before PLIM or PLIM before FP, that does not really matter. But if you really need a recommendation, I'll say FP400 first then PLIM ;)))

Kind regards,

N.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

as long as you have your chassis running on 400G fabric cards (type "admin show platform" and verify you have FC-400G in the output), nothing specific is needed. Of course you need the minimum release running but it goes with the same command, if you have your 400G fabric cards, that means you are executing the proper software in the system). 

Inserting new cards will not impact the traffic of others. Also, there is no particular order (FP before PLIM or PLIM before FP, that does not really matter. But if you really need a recommendation, I'll say FP400 first then PLIM ;)))

Kind regards,

N.

Thanks Nicolas, i will follow your steps, thanks alot