cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do you want to test the XR 5.3.3 pre-release for ASR9000?

Aleksandar Vidakovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Update - Wednesday Dec 23rd:

The 5.3.3.24i pre-release pies for ASR9000 platform were posted to file exchange:

All of you who already had access to 533 EFT1, EFT2 and 5.3.3.23i image also have access to 5.3.3.24i.

This is the last 5.3.3 pre-release in year 2015. Happy holidays!

Update - Thursday Dec 17th:

The 5.3.3.23i pre-release pies for ASR9000 platform were posted to file exchange:

All of you who already had access to 533 EFT1 and EFT2 image also have access to 5.3.3.23i.

Update - Monday November 16th:

asr9k 5.3.3 EFT2 image was posted today, search for forum "ASR9000 533 EFT2 image". For all the people who have contacted me already for getting access, you should have the access privilege to download the EFT2 image now.

Hi everyone!

As you probably know, IOS XR release 5.3.3 will be an Extended Maintenance Release for the ASR9000 platform. It will be available for download on SDS by the end of January 2016.

If you are interested in giving a run to the 5.3.3 pre-release in the lab, in parallel with the testing that we are carrying out at Cisco, we can share the pre-release image with you.

Please note that pre-release images are to be used exclusively for lab testing; under no circumstances should they be deployed in production(!).

If you are interested:

1. Pass me your CCO user ID.  Unicast me if you prefer not to communicate that on this thread. I need your CCO user ID to grant you access to the pie.
  2. Once you have the access granted, you can download the image from: https://upload.cisco.com/cgi-bin/swc/fileexg/main.cgi?CONTYPES=IOS-XR
    • search for the "ASR9000 533 EFT2 image" forum.
  3. Please go through the README File and Release notes for open caveats and workaround.
  4. Load the Mandatory SMU’s available in tar file, based on the feature/functions.
  5. For upgrading from pre-5.3.1 images to 5.3.3 you must install a post-expiry SMU along with the new root certificate. You can install additional SMUs or pie files after adding the post-expiry SMU. Hitless/Recommended SMU, Post-Expiry-Cert Expiration Mandatory SAM SMU (CSCut52232): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/technotes/MOP-CSS-to-Abraxas.html.
  6. Give it a run in the lab. We'll be happy to hear your feedback!

Regards,

Aleksandar

PS. Once you log into the File Exchange, you should see something like this:

4 Replies 4

Hi,

How can I reach you?

Cheers,

Florian

hi Florian,

this is the way you can send me (or anyone else) a private message on supportforums:

1. go to your messages
  2. click on "New message"
  3. copy/paste the recipient's name (as it apprears in the supportforums)
  4. send the message

It's not the most user friendly approach, but it works. :) I saw that there were some improvements in the pipeline.

You should have access now to the asr9k 5.3.3 EFT1 image. Please let me know your feedback!

Regards,

Aleksandar

Justin Reagan
Level 1
Level 1

Just got this loaded in my lab and the first thing I've noticed is that radius is still broken in this release due to the new NAS-IPV6 attribute pair. I've had a ticket opened on this same issue in 5.3.2 release and was told it wouldn't be fixed in that release since 5.3.3 was about to come out. The ticket number is 636721125 if you want to look at the information I've already provided.

hi Justin,

I've checked the TAC SR 636721125 notes. I'm afraid there was a misunderstanding between the TAC engineer and you. The TAC CSE wrote that 5.3.3 was very close to FCS and won't accept more fixes.

This is true, we are close to FCS and have very strict commit criteria. Nevertheless, let me see whether we can can still get this fix into 5.3.3.

regards,

Aleksandar