cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I verify the vlans in IOS XR

Jhonny Estrella
Level 1
Level 1

how can I verify the vlans in IOS XR related to an interface or ARP or MAC,   I only achieved was to count ports, IDs, etc. but to verify services I need to relate to something, someone saw that case?

IOS-XR#show l2vpn forwarding bridge-domain location 0/3/CPU0
Wed Apr 24 10:16:21.660 GMT
Bridge MAC
Bridge-Domain Name ID Ports HW addr SW addr Flooding Learning State
-------------------------------- ------ ----- ------- ------- -------- -------- ---------
RC:VLAN35 0 1 1 1 Enabled Enabled UP
RC:VLAN45 1 1 1 1 Enabled Enabled UP
RC:VLAN50 2 1 0 0 Enabled Enabled UP
RC:VLAN51 3 2 4 2 Enabled Enabled UP

I need other command for relation it with interface or ARP o MAC. thanks ..

2 Replies 2

Adding to that - SP routers dont have same concept of VLAN as switches do. They use so called l2vpn bridge-domains (BD). So what you see in command above are not classic VLANs 35,45,50,51 but BDs configured. So basically BD is domain to group several interfaces (AC), PW and BVI (L3) together.

You can check every BD config with "show run l2vpn bridge group <BG NAME> bridge-domain <BD NAME>".

If you want to check MACs learnt in certain BD - use "show l2vpn forwarding bridge-domain <BG NAME>:<BD NAME> mac-address location <>". Location is LC where you want to check MAC learnt (this is dont in HW and synced across other LC).

In case of ARP - that is done on BVI level attached to your BD. If BVI is in certain VRF - check "show arp vrf <VRF NAME>" to see which IPs associated with MACs.

More details/commands you can find here:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/116453-technote-ios-xr-l2vpn-00.html

Hope this helps.

Niko

HTH,
Niko