cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to test routing entry performance in ASR 9000 ?

I have tester (ixia). It have 2 port TE, but each port on asr 9000 has limited about 500,000 prefix. What should I do?

best regards

4 Replies 4

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please explain with more details what you want to achieve because 500k prefixes is the default scale profile so it's expected.

Thanks,

Laurent.

I want to test how many maximum routing table prefixes of asr 9000 follow to cisco document is real ?

But,It tester limited has 2 interface. Now, I connected point-to-point. Tester == ASR 9000

I can't send prefix over 1M (500+500). Do you have any idea to send prefix to follow a cisco document ?

Thanks.

Which Cisco document are you referring to ?

Also 1M is very closed to the maximum the box can support so it seems to me your test is successful :-)

HTH

Laurent.

You can use BGP and peer with a machine that runs Quagga. Using scripting to generate them (any-number of routes -- perl scripting) to the Quagga-Box announce them to your ASR peer via BGP for example.

BR

Orestis

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: