cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is ASR9901 supported as an nV Host system?

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Folks,

Just would like to doublecheck whether also ASR9901 is supported as an nV Host system with NCS5001 as satellites please?

Seeing the number of restrictions around tomahawk (3rdGen) cards and XR-64bit got me worried.

And there’s also the fact that I could not find ASR9901 in a supported HW list.

My idea is to use Is ASR9901along with NCS5001,

Where, if supported, then my understanding is that the list of restrictions would be as follows:

• Cisco NCS 5000 Series satellite is supported as a satellite on Layer 1 Hub and Spoke topology (a.k.a Port Extender Model) in both single and dual host connectivity. The other advanced topologies are not supported (i.e. Dual Home network topology, Simple Ring topology, Layer 2 Fabric network topology)
  • Only a maximum of 16 Cisco NCS 5000 Series satellites for each Cisco ASR 9900 Series Host are allowed (this is due to 64bit XR limitation -asr9900 needs 64bit XR).
  • The maximum number of access ports supported in Layer 1 Hub and Spoke topology per NPU is 200 (ASR9901 has 2x Tomahawk (3rdGen) NPUs -240Gbps each)

Please let me know if my assumptions are correct.

Thank you very much

adam

adam
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

ASR9901 is supported as host from 6.5.2 onward. Specifications you mentioned are applicable to ASR9901 as well.

HTH

Niko

HTH,
Niko

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Adam,

ASR9901 is supported as host from 6.5.2 onward. Specifications you mentioned are applicable to ASR9901 as well.

HTH

Niko

HTH,
Niko

Thank you very much Niko, you guys are the best!!!

God i love this forum :-)

adam