Views
Helpful
Replies

Local policy-map/PBR/policy-based-routing in IOS-XR

Alan_4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to implement the local policy based routing feature on IOS XR, with IOS it was basically done by matching certain destination traffic and management-protocols with access-lists and then assigning for example a QOS marking to them. (this gets done with the command 'ip local policy route-map $route-map')

Does IOS XR have this feature aswell? if not what would be an alternative on achieving this with XR? i have done a search on Google but no results

And one last question, how do you match access-lists with route-policies?

P.S. this is an old thread were a user was looking for the same:

community.cisco.com/t5/xr-os-and-platforms/local-policy-map-in-ios-xr/td-p/1910612

Edit: any help is highly appreciated, it is a feature which will be used

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies 2

tkarnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

on the asr9000 there are two features.

1. ABF, we match with an ACL and change the next hop per flow. (locally destined traffic is not applicable)

https://community.cisco.com/t5/service-providers-documents/asr9000-xr-abf-acl-based-forwarding/ta-p/3153403

2. PBR

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r5-3/addr-serv/configuration/guide/b-ipaddr-cg53asr9k/b-ipaddr-cg53asr9k_chapter_01110.html

Thanks

Hello, 

thank you for the links, i have heard of ABF before. but cool to see ePBR. i cant seem to find if it has local data support, but its good that this is an alternative to ABF, since this is the PBR that i know.

due to other reasons i am not in need for local PBR for XR anymore, so i will mark your reply as solution,

but honestly for anyone looking in the future with the same question, the question has not been answered,  better to say this for future readers

b

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: