Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS540 is not passing the benchmark 10G RFC test

NCS540 is not passing the benchmark 10G RFC test.  The Benchmark test is failing all frame sizes.  However, if I bypass the NCS540 network. I get not issues. I posted the Benchmark tests. One of them passes fine when I bypass the NCS540 devices. The other fails when I run the test thru the NCS540.  Is there a bad configuration that could be causing this?   both devices are currently on version 7.5.2/ncs540/ws.  I also had the same issue on 7.3.2.  I'm only able to get a good benchmark test but only 8.5G  which is bad. I have been reading the release notes, and they do not mention this issue. I have been troubleshooting this for over a month but no luck.  Any ideas? 

19 Replies 19

Can you check on the disposition router this CLI?

show controller npu stats voq ingress interface all instance all loc 0/0/CPU0

or more specifically show controller npu stats voq ingress interface hundredGigE 0/0/0/0 instance all loc 0/0/CPU0

replacing with the interface that is ingress from the core to the disposition router and the proper lc.

Also in the example I gave drops were seen with a 1G shaper on a 10G link when sending 1G of traffic, so your test is similar with 100G transport and 10G of traffic.

Sam

That's a great command.  I definitely will keep it in my pocket

Yep its as I described. On maitland 540 you are seeing ingress drops due to the increased overhead in packet size, while your hundredgige links handle it no problem the system (disposition/maitland) counts the packets with +22B before the disposition process happens and we can see the dropped packets on TC 0 for the interface. Can you try applying the workaround with a 10G shaper to the ingress interface and the user-defined 22 on maitland?

Sam

Hello, 

I have a similar setup but I am using 100G links for both ingress and egress ports on the N540. I keep failing 100G RFC test on jumbo frames as well. TAC is currently review my case but has not provided any solutions yet.  

TestBox <100G> N540 <100G> ASR9906 <100G> TestBox2

I am seeing drops on the egress interface of the n540. I have tried adding the shaper on both ingress and egress interfaces with multiple user-defined values and no user-defined value without any luck. If it makes a difference, I am running evpn, isis, mpls. 

Thanks,

Deiby

Yes that did it. Thanks a million!!!