Views
Helpful
Replies

Reporting of Production SMU Issues - SMU Quality Initiative

aelmoutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear All,

As part of the SMU quality initiative, SMU testing team is seeking feedback regarding any SMU issues seen by you or your customers in the field. This is an effort to help improve quality of SMUs posted on CCO. 

It might be install issues, fix not working, collaterals, documentation or other issue caused by production SMU. 

A new mailer alias “smu-feedback@cisco.com” is created for this purpose to archive all SMU issues emails which you send us. Request you to drop an email, anytime you see a production SMU issue as per below template. Failed SMUs are reviewed by SMU team and immediate action is taken to RC issue and find remedy to get it fixed.

Following information is needed when you report SMU Failure:

SMU ID:

Issue description with trigger:

Date of issue seen:

Any workaround tried:

Regards,

Abderrahim

1 Reply 1

Hi Abderrahim,

I have two general inquiries regarding SMUs:

- I would expect some enhancements in service pack handling, e.g. if not all the optional packages are present on the system, a service pack may be active and inactive at the same time, this confuses the customers. Also as service packs always contain fixes from previous service packs, one might expect that only one service pack is installed at the same time and old service packs are deinstalled automatically

- I would expect that with 64 bit IOS-XR and ISSU the number of reload SMUs should decrease, as this is one of the major customer painpoints at the moment

Regards,

Florian