Views
Helpful
Replies

RSP-880

anandbhalla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Xander,

In one of your forums, you mentioned RSP-880 (NP5) and other tomahawk based line cards are expected by this year end.

I wanted to understand if the tomahawk based line cards (specially 4x100G) will inter-work with typhoon based RSP-440 on a ASR-9010/9006 DC V2 chassis ?

If so, the only challenge I see is, upon failure of one of the RSP-440. This will reduce my slot throughput capacity from 440G to 220G and I shall not be able to achieve line rate throughput.

Br,

Anand

7 Replies 7

Nicolas Fevrier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anand,

All TH linecards (800G or 400G) will be supported on chassis with RSP440. They will interop with Typhoon line cards, but of course they will be limited by the amount of BW offered by the RSP(s).

If you have a 4x100G cards with a single RSP440, you won't exceed 220G (more or less) total.

Cheers,

N.

Hi, Nicholas/Xander:

I just saw the DS for the RSP880 being supported with ASR9010. I was hoping to get clarification as to what fans and power supplies would support the RSP880 in an ASR9010. For example: I currently have a bunch of boxes with these part numbers:

ASR-9010-FAN

A9K-2KW-DC

Is the 880 supported with those?

I'm looking also for the 8x100G card, since I found this new V3 PEM, will it work with the V1 Fans and PS?

Thank you!

c.

Hi Carlos,

the easiest is to try on the Power Calculator: http://tools.cisco.com/cpc/LU.cpc

It has been updated with all the new line cards and you can see yourself what is supported or not.

Cheers,

N.

Thanks, Nicholas. The tool allowed me to clear up the Fans part. According to the CPC, fan V1 is ok.

As far as the PSs goes unfortunately, it only accounts for the number of PSs needed, not the part number.

Still, thanks a lot!

c.

AFAIK Tomahawk does require V2 or V3 PEM, no support vor V1 PEM.

Thanks, Florian. That makes me wonder about PEMv3. 

I don't know the family name for the 8x100G card, but does V2 support it? or is it PEMv3 only?

AFAIK min V2 is mandatory, so V3 is optional.