Views
Helpful
Replies

RSP880 vs RSP880-LT

Dmitry Kiselev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Could you please point me to document which describes differences between 880 RSPs? TR vs SE are pretty clear, but I confused a bit with LT version. Seems it is newer than TR/SE, but seems it lacks some features/options. Usually BRKARC-2003 answers all such questions, but few last sessions have no any info on that.

Thanks in advance

22 Replies 22

Hi, 

I know that mixing -SE and -TR line cards is supported in ASR 9000 chassis with RSP 880, but I just wanted to know what is happening with operational mode of whole system when RSP880-SE is combined with mixture of -TR l -SE line cards, and in case of RSP880-TR and -SE line cards ?

Thanks in advance

Hi, 

I know that mixing -SE and -TR line cards is supported in ASR 9000 chassis with RSP 880, but I just wanted to know what is happening with operational mode of whole system when RSP880-SE is combined with mixture of -TR l -SE line cards, and in case of RSP880-TR and -SE line cards ?

Thanks in advance

Having an SE or TR RP and a mixture of SE or TR LCs is very normal and widely deployed. A lot of customers have SE LC facing customers and TR LC facing core, the RP can be SE or TR, based on the services and role of the box.

Eddie.

The only difference between the -TR and -SE on RP/RSP is how much RAM the RP CPU has. 

If you need features that are only supported on -SE line cards (e.g.: PWHE), but don't run BNG and don't have a huge routing table, you can use -TR RP|RSP with -SE line cards.

Thanks for the info Aleksandar, but what about -SE RP|RSP with -TR line cards?

That is also supported. 

Hi Aleksandar,

What about in ASR 9006 mixing RPS880-TR with RSP880-LT-TR is supported or not? İs it possible to redundant these two types RPS?

thanks 

If you are migrating from one flavour to the other, you should be able to do that seamlessly. However, we don't support running this HW combination in production for an extended period of time.