Helpful
Replies

XR OS OSPF network command

vantipov
Level 1
Level 1

In IOS, to configure OSPF you had to issue

network 10.0.0.0 0.63.255.255 area 0

command under router ospf.  I don't see this option in XR OS.  What is the equivalent? 

This is the config on ASR9K

router ospf 10

log adjacency changes detail

router-id 192.168.254.13

auto-cost reference-bandwidth 10000

area 0.0.0.0

!    

interface TenGigE0/0/1/0

!

interface TenGigE0/0/1/1

!

interface TenGigE0/0/1/2

!

!

!

2 Replies 2

rrahul
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In IOS, OSPF would be enabled on the interfaces whose IP addresses matched the network command, but in XR we configure OSPF differently. Entering the interface name under the area command would enable OSPF on the interface (OSPF routing will occur only when an IP address is configured on the interface).

Looking at your configuration, I believe that OSPF should be enabled for the 3 Tengig interfaces. Take a look at "show ospf interface" to confirm this.

Also, here is more information on configuring OSPF in XR,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/crs/software/crs_r4.2/routing/configuration/guide/b_routing_cg42crs_chapter_0100.html#task_1171983

Thanks and regards,

Rahul.

Thanks Rahul,

Yes, OSPF with this config is working.  I can see that routes that I would expect to see.  In most of my configs the interfaces I am working with are /30 point-to-point and the network command would define which subnets I am interested in.  This is the same case for this ASR9K.  Thank you for the link to the document. 

Vlad