Views
Helpful
Replies

XRV9000 dosent take any password for XR VM, presents sys admin console

udaykiran.chava
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I tried creating a XRV9000 with image "fullk9-R-XRV9000-772-VG.tar" using QEMU/KVM.

I get to a point on the serial console (telnet on port 5001), where i was asked for root system username and secret as below.

Enter root-system Username: admin
Enter secret:
Enter secret again:
Successfully created root-system user
System Admin Username: admin
Password:

After entering the secret, Its asking for system admin username/pwd. I gave same credetials as root system and got logged in sys admin console.  I tried connecting to XR VM from here by running "run ssh 192.0.0.4" followed by "exec". Then is presented with below prompt

sysadmin-vm:0_RP0# run ssh 192.0.0.4
Wed Feb 8 16:13:14.941 UTC+00:00
Last login: Wed Feb 8 16:04:48 2023 from 192.0.0.1
[xr-vm_node0_RP0_CPU0:~]$exec

User Access Verification

Username:
Username: admin
Password:

User Access Verification

Username:

But none of the username/password combinations worked. Can someone please point me in the righth direction. I tried adding some usernames in sys admin console, but XR VM is not logging in with the same.

3 Replies 3

smilstea
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On the console can you toggle between the 3 logins (admin / xr / host) and see if xr has any additional details or lets you login? You can toggle between them with ctrl + o (as in orange).

Sam

udaykiran.chava
Level 1
Level 1

I was able to get the XR vm console, but it dosent allow me to login.  Any possiblity that my XRV 772 was not booted properly ?

It's hard to say what happened, can you try some default logins like root/root, admin/admin, root/cisco, cisco/cisco?

If none of those work we might need to reprovision the VM.

Sam