cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Yet Another A9K FPD Question

philclemens1835
Level 1
Level 1

It is established that auto-upgrade should be disabled during an XR upgrade process.

However, what is recommended for normal operations?  I can see the advantage of having "auto-upgrade" in place so that any RMA or new LC's would/should be upgraded without intervention.  Or, is that the case?

Maybe more simply, is "fpd auto-upgrade" a relic that should no longer be used in any case?

Thanks,

Phil.

2 Replies 2

pigallo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@philclemens1835 wrote:

It is established that auto-upgrade should be disabled during an XR upgrade process.

Actually it's not correct.
It depends on what Cisco specifies for target release upgrade procedure documentation.
For example, fpd auto-upgrade disable was recommended for upgrade from 5.x to 6.x release.

However if you want to upgrade , let's say, from 6.2.3 to 6.5.3 you can leave it on.
So, it depends on which kind of upgrade you are talking about.
From my personal experience Cisco always notifies through procedure documents if it has to be disabled or enabled, therefore it should not be seen as an issue at all.

Regards

Thanks for that clarification.  Since I was moving from 5.1.3 to 6.4.2, every upgrade document I was reading mentioned disabling the auto-upgrade feature, which led me to believe it was simply a best practice for every upgrade.