cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I pair the USB adapter with my 730 headset?

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

I can not figure out how to pair my adapter with my headset

I have the headset plugged into my computer via a USB cable and Cisco Accessory Hub can see both.
Sliding the pairing button on the headset without the cable seems to do nothing other than the lady tells me I'm in paring mode.
I've deleted the Bluetooth profiles
What am I missing to get these two to pair?
This is possibly not the adapter that shipped with the headset.

kbeaton_0-1719524188293.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

USB HD adapters come pre-paired with a headset from the factory, however as you’ve mentioned, if you buy a new adapter you need to pair it with your current headset.

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, help.webex.com has several helpful articles when it comes to headset functionality and troubleshooting.

On that page is the following reference that should help you pair your headset with your new USB HD dongle.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n75csww/Cisco-Headset-USB-HD-Adapter

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

According to the quick reference guide this is how you pair your headset.

image.png

Response Signature

This should also contain useful information. Get Started With Your Cisco Headset 730 

Response Signature

The Cisco USB HD adapter is primarily for devices that don’t have Bluetooth functionality. In this case, you connect the USB adapter and if it came with the headset, it will be prepared. You can start using it without any additional settings. If you want to disconnect, simply remove the adapter.

If you’re using this headset with a PC that has Bluetooth capability, you don’t need this adapter. You can connect them directly to the PC using the headset pairing option.

Using both options is unnecessary and can cause confusion as you might not know which one to choose. This is one of the issues my colleague always asks me to fix, so I finally decided to keep his adapter on my shelf.

To pair the headset with your device, follow the steps shared by @Roger Kallberg.

Response Signature

I lost the Cisco adapter for this headset.
I bought another Cisco adapter and that is the one I've been trying to use
Now I removed the Cisco adapter and inserted an ASUS Bluetooth adapter.
My computer acts like it has NO audio device at all
I'm going to try and save all the open documents I have open and reboot my computer...

This is what I'm seeing

kbeaton_0-1719589580846.png

USB HD adapters come pre-paired with a headset from the factory, however as you’ve mentioned, if you buy a new adapter you need to pair it with your current headset.

As @Roger Kallberg mentioned, help.webex.com has several helpful articles when it comes to headset functionality and troubleshooting.

On that page is the following reference that should help you pair your headset with your new USB HD dongle.

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/n75csww/Cisco-Headset-USB-HD-Adapter