Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber ringer/alert does not work on Headset

Why is my jabber's ringtone/alerts does not work on my jabra headset? i even configured the audio settings on my jabber for ringer/alerts to all devices and jabra headset and both didn't work. but i can hear the ringing on the laptop's speaker. 

8 Replies 8

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi.
Have you validated that you hear audio when you test the Jabra headset in the Windows (assuming Windows) Sound dialog? Go to Windows Start and type Sound, select the "Sound" option. If you are connected via Windows Bluetooth, you will see your headset with both a "hands free" and a "stereo" option and you should use the "hands free" option; if connected by a USB dongle you will only see a single option. Right click the headset device and validate that you hear audio when you right click and run the test. If it is heard here, then you *should* be able to use it in Webex successfully. Have you tried setting Webex explicitly to just the headset for Ringer and do you hear it when only that object is chosen?

Response Signature

Yes, headset is working fine. i can use it when receiving calls. I tried also the ringer/alerts set directly to headset but still the same it didn't ring out. I already updated all windows updates, driver updates, even bios and chipset are updated. tried in different usb ports. 

Have you also updated your Jabra headset firmware? You can download it from here: https://www.jabra.com/software-and-services/jabra-direct.

[https://www.jabra.com/-/media/Images/Products/Jabra-Direct/v2/direct_screens_v2.png]<>
Engineered to optimize and personalize your headset - Jabra<>
Personalize your headset. Working in the office, from home, from a café, or during your daily commute? Everyone has different ways of working, which is why Jabra Direct gives you the ability to adjust your audio protection levels, sidetone, and music settings.
www.jabra.com

Response Signature

Hi Stephanie,

I will try that. I will let you know if its successful or not. 

I downloaded the jabra-direct software and firmware is already up to date. tried to change settings on the jabra direct program but still the same. issue still not fix.

Hi, Khristian.  I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas   This does seem like a weird issue.
You could try calling support for Jabra, they are pretty good, so if there is some odd Windows setting they might know, but I don't think so.
One final think you could try is an uninstall/reinstall of Webex App.

Response Signature

Normally Jabra Direct should resolve these issues. But you can try Uninstalling the Jabra firmware from the Device Manager, then restart the computer (it should install the firmware automatically once the PC is restarted. Verify Jabber Settings as well. Have a try

**Please rate Helpful Reply's**

Normally Jabra Direct should resolve these issues. But you can try Uninstalling the Jabra firmware from the Device Manager, then restart the computer (it should install the firmware automatically once the PC is restarted. Verify Jabber Settings as well. Have a try

**Please rate Helpful Reply's**