cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Productivity Tools "Send As"

Spaniard141
Level 1
Level 1

We have a group of Webex users that do not want their e-mail made public to everyone they invite to a meeting. We have created a room mailbox in exchange for them to use mainly for Webex Calendar Sharing with other users and would like to use that e-mail address the address the meeting invitations are coming from. In Outlook We have the ability to give someone permissions to "Send As" another user and when creating a new e-mail we can choose that option and send an e-mail as the room mailbox we created, however when using the productivity tools in Outlook to schedule a meeting it automatically defaults to the user's e-mail address and we are unable to select "send as". Does anyone know of a way around that?

1 Accepted Solution

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Spaniard141

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. When sending out Webex meeting invites in Outlook with the Productivity tools, it will send a meeting invite with whatever HOST account you have logged in and added as your preference. So you have to have a host account with the room mailbox, and then you can log into that within the productivity tools. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.30.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.34.48 AM.png

Another route of scheduling with the room mailbox host account would be going directly into your site and inviting people directly such as the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.38.46 AM.png

 You can also just schedule it with your room mailbox host account on your site and take the link and meeting info and copy that into an outlook invite. I have to host live events for Cisco and I use our mailbox email, so I do the same sort of thing you are trying to accomplish. I do hope this helps, my friend!

Let me know if you have any follow ups!

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Spaniard141

Thanks for posting your question here in the Webex Community. When sending out Webex meeting invites in Outlook with the Productivity tools, it will send a meeting invite with whatever HOST account you have logged in and added as your preference. So you have to have a host account with the room mailbox, and then you can log into that within the productivity tools. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.30.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.34.48 AM.png

Another route of scheduling with the room mailbox host account would be going directly into your site and inviting people directly such as the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2021-03-31 at 11.38.46 AM.png

 You can also just schedule it with your room mailbox host account on your site and take the link and meeting info and copy that into an outlook invite. I have to host live events for Cisco and I use our mailbox email, so I do the same sort of thing you are trying to accomplish. I do hope this helps, my friend!

Let me know if you have any follow ups!

Response Signature

That's exactly what I was looking for .... Thank you

Glad to hear I could get you what you needed. Have a great rest of your day @Spaniard141 

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here in the Webex Community. Cheers!

Response Signature