Views
Helpful
Replies

IWAN App

ROCKY CHEUNG
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have IWAN fully deployed in our organization already, and the configuration was done in CLI.   I'm looking forward to use IWAN app to centralize WAN management and provide network wide visibility and segmentation with Application Visibility and Control.

I understand APIC-EM IWAN App is prescriptive of the Cisco Validated Design. In order to start using IWAN app, it looks like a complete rebuilding of IWAN Hub and Spokes configuration may be necessary.   Does IWAN App will also support and integrate with existing IWAN configuration?

Thanks!
Rocky

2 Replies 2

rnaggi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is my understanding, I will wait for others to answer too on this.

1. For IWAN APP Support , Hub sites must to be deployed from IWAN APP.

2. For Non IWAN Sites , Prime infrastructure is used to monitor the sites.

3. You could also deploy sites using IWAN Configuration from Prime Infra using Template based deployment.

I believe Rohan's #1 and #2 are correct.  I'm not sure about #3.  I have a customer that deployed IWAN via Prime.  Upon attempted implementation of APIC-EM, we were told by Cisco TAC that there is no "migration" from Prime to APIC-EM.  Unfortunately, Prime 3.1 uses different tunnel interface numbers, so I have doubts #3 is correct.  When we get it working, I'll let you know.