Views
Helpful
Replies

How to differentiate between EM user and Owner User of terminal

ayush.shyam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am seeking some info regarding, how to differentiate between EM user and Owner User of terminal currently fetching the user name by this method getEMLoginUsername.

But problem is if user is not logged in as EM but assigned on device as "Owner User" then also this method return the user name.

If possible, provide some info.

Thanks

Ayush Chaudhary

Switzerland

7 Replies 7

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

getEMLoginUsername should return an userid only where there is a active EM session on a controlled device. or if the end user logged into any device not in the control list.

You should not see any username if there is no EM session on the phone. Need more info to understand your scenario better:

Are you using any device profile in your control list?

Thanks for your reply!

but yes there is no way in JTAPI to distinguish EM user or a simple End user assign as owner user id on the phone.

Even no EM user will be logged in, and you assign owner user id on your phone then JTAPI will return you the name of your Owner from this method getEMLoginUsername.

By the way Thanks for your reply!

Ayush Chaudhary

Switzerland

Ayush,

Cisco JTAPI Javadocs says: This interface (CiscoTerminal.getEMLoginUsername) Returns Extension mobility(EM) Login UserName If no EM user has logged into Terminal, this interface will return null/empty string

Based on this getEMLoginUsername should not return the owner userid. If no EM user logged into the phone, it should return null. You may want to check the interface your are using and raise a case with Cisco Dev Support.

Thanks again Mohan for reply!

Yes it should return null in that case but it is not. And there is one more identifier called LoginType this method is also returning 1 in both case. When EM user is logged in on this phone or when an owner user id is assigned.

So in our case after much R&D on this we treated the owner user also as EM user if assigned on the device.

We haven't open a TAC case for this issue. That's why i posted this question here on forum.

Ayush Chaudhary

Switzerland

Did you ever find a solution to this? I think I'm having a similar problem. We have our OwnerIds pulled from LDAP and we changed an LDAP username. The phone still uses the old EM username when I call getEMLoginUsername()...

Nevermind, I just had to reboot the phone and it's getting the new Owner/Username.

No, there is no way to differentiate between EM user and Owner User of terminal!

So in our environment now we assume it as EM user case in both scenario!

Regards

Ayush

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: