cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800 not initializing PnP

littleyoda
Level 1
Level 1

I have option 43 configured on a Meraki Z3 router with a single VLAN 1 on it. It has reachability to the DNAC. I have cleared all crypto, nvram, and vlan data from the WLC and I still can't get the PnP process to start on the C9800-L-C. I followed this video to the T and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am running DNAC 2.1.2. Issue is with 9800-L-C  Zero Touch Provisioning that are running 16.12.4a. DHCP fails off the management interfaces. You have to use the service port. This fixed the issue. The fix is in 17.3.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

__Babygirl__09
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know how does it works

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is running on the 9800 and what interface on the 9800 do you have plugged into the Meraki router?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the version of DNAC? i believe 2.1.2 onwards support this feature and also 9800 should be the latest version to support

worth look this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-digital-network/9800-pnp/td-p/4081538

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I agree wit BB, make sure to use the latest DNAC and WLC code. this is a fairly new feature.

Follow the tshoot steps in this flowchart for Lan automation some of the are the same for PnP: 

I am running DNAC 2.1.2. Issue is with 9800-L-C  Zero Touch Provisioning that are running 16.12.4a. DHCP fails off the management interfaces. You have to use the service port. This fixed the issue. The fix is in 17.3.