Views
Helpful
Replies

Check switch devices before upgrade IOS from DNAc

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all

is there anyway to check switch IOS before upgrade IOS from DNAc?

i mean i need to upgrade my switch from DNAc, but i need first to check the availability for switch ( especially  in Stack ) as there are some switch are down or lost connectivity after upgrade IOS and reload switch

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

DNAC swim does all the checks and give you error if any and guide you too.

DNAC dashboard give you what version of code running - when you select golden image it will upgrade to that version (before upgrade as i mentioned it will do all the check before proceedings).

If you upgrading from DNAC - you need to upload image to DNAC repository, have you read the document provided for SWIM Upgrade.

DNAC automatically sync once switch added to DNAC, if you like you can re-sync again before if you like to do so ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

DNA version is 1.3.3.9

this version have many bugs, rather i use this DNAC i manually upgrade the switch.

the code you upgrae 17.9.X  is latest - i expect DNAC should be 2.3.X or later.

BB

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If any errors - it will show you if any of the switch down part of the Stack, you can in dashboard.

for swim for below guides :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Campus/dnac-swim-deployment-guide.html

workflow video (this is for cat 9800WLC, but it will same for Cat 9K stack switches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrCIAR8Scg

BB

Watch this video to learn how Cisco DNA Center SWIM can help you upgrade your network devices to Cisco recommended releases For more training videos, visit the Cisco DNA Center YouTube Channel http://cs.co/dnac-youtube Configure Image Distribution Server - http://cs.co/9000zFOJY Manage Software ...

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks @balaji.bandi for your reply,

i already know how to upgrade IOS for switch from DNA, but my question is how before upgrade form DNAc ? my this upgrade impact switch or stack, so i need to check switch before upgrade but check it from DNAc, also i can check image for the switch if install it from SFTP, check version.

I mean, is there is a tool or option to check switch from Provision - stack stability - rychen - etc

DNAC swim does all the checks and give you error if any and guide you too.

DNAC dashboard give you what version of code running - when you select golden image it will upgrade to that version (before upgrade as i mentioned it will do all the check before proceedings).

If you upgrading from DNAC - you need to upload image to DNAC repository, have you read the document provided for SWIM Upgrade.

DNAC automatically sync once switch added to DNAC, if you like you can re-sync again before if you like to do so ?

BB

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

unfortunately after upgrade IOS for stack switches, 2 of them are out of stack, but i notes this stack is always synch in dashboard, is this has related to issue ?

not that i was encounter after upgrade stack were split ?

what DNAC and what IOS XE you having issue, also open a TAC case for investigattion (that is is not eexpected outcome).

BB

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hello @balaji.bandi 

DNA version is 1.3.3.9

IOS 17.9.3

yes, it happened after upgrade switches  to 17.9.3 , stack was remove

DNA version is 1.3.3.9

this version have many bugs, rather i use this DNAC i manually upgrade the switch.

the code you upgrae 17.9.X  is latest - i expect DNAC should be 2.3.X or later.

BB