cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA Auto-run many times ( about 700) device-discovery ..

Bill lo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

DNA version : 2.2.2.4

System auto run almost 700 times Device-Discovery.....( i have delete part of them one by one)

Discovery_1.JPG

Discovery_2.JPG

Does anyone have the same situation?

And want to know how to delete in batches.

thx

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per screenshot, dnac is trying discovery for EN (extended node). Please check the port where EN is connected and if it needs to be authenticated or port-channel needs to be created. Once EN is onboarded, dnac will stop the discovery or other possibility is that EN is keeps reloading or changing the IP address which results in discovery. 

Please open tac case if you need more help to isolate the problem. 

thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Johnson Li
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, Bill

I understand that you are having some issues with the Discovery menu.

We don't have any reference cases that reported a similar issue with you, which DNAC runs discovery task automatically.

I recommend you open an SR ticket to get prompt support.

Besides, for now, we don't support deleting the discovery tasks in batches.

Thanks,

Johnson.

Hi  Johnson Li 

thanks for your response;

next time when it happen again , will open a case .

( I have deleted this record , and till now it's not happen )

thx

Bill

In the newest version as 2,3,7, this issue still open;   wait for long time for discovery device..........    many hours2024-01-30_15-32-21.png

Dan Rowe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not heard of anyone running into an issue like this. However, DNA Center provides us with tools to verify what might be going on or who might be configuring these discovery jobs. Using the audit tools in Cisco DNA Center, you can search for discovery task jobs that have been created and who created those discovery tasks:

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 11.17.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 11.18.14 AM.png

As per screenshot, dnac is trying discovery for EN (extended node). Please check the port where EN is connected and if it needs to be authenticated or port-channel needs to be created. Once EN is onboarded, dnac will stop the discovery or other possibility is that EN is keeps reloading or changing the IP address which results in discovery. 

Please open tac case if you need more help to isolate the problem. 

thanks

Hi  Parthiv Shah

During the Extent-node  onboard, we have found the Device didn't  renew the DHCP-IP , when conflict occurs , it's just stuck in PnP process. Maybe it cause the DNAC  run the Discover  again and again.

thx

Bill

Hi   danirowe

Thank you for your reminder, it's a good tool.

thx

Bill