cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA CENTER 2.1.2 INSTALLATION PROCEDURE / INSTALL LOOP / NIC ISSUES

Hans Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, I'm trying to install DNAC on appliance DN2-HW-APL with reference the "Cisco DNA Center Second-Generation Appliance Installation Guide, Release 2.1.2".

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-1-2/install_guide/2ndGen/b_cisco_dna_center_install_guide_2_1_2_2ndGen.html

The guide on page 64 (PDF), section Prepare the Appliance for Configuration / Disable the Network Interface Card says:

If your appliance ships with the Intel X710-DA4 network interface card (NIC) enabled, you must disable it by completing the following procedure. If you do not disable the card, your appliance will contain four extra interfaces, which could negatively affect your configuration.

But if I do this procedure and reboot the appliance, this can't boot correctly and generate a loop with errors like the follow image.

HansMartinez_0-1686667130541.png

HansMartinez_2-1686667163883.png

Now if I don't disable de Intel NIC the apliance boot correctly and Maglev Wizar start; If I start the installation process with the wizard "Maglev 1.1.0" it stops at the validation "day0_default: wait for maglev-system namespaces to stabilize..." and does not go beyond this point. I waited 48 hours at this point.

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-13 a las 08.40.44.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-06-13 a las 08.41.51.png

Anyone who can suggest any procedure o if can comment if I need re-image the appliance. Consider that the appliance is brand new out of the box.

One question more, the appliance come with license to 2.1.2; If I re-image the appliance, can I install a new release of DNAC like version 2.3.3.7 or need start on 2.1.2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not normal.  

Yes, you can download 2.3.3 or 2.3.5 from CCO to reimage the appliance. That's what I would try next.  Note that the same section of the install guide for 2.3.5 actually recommends you Enable the NIC.

If you prefer to try getting the install to work on 2.1.2 first, please open a TAC case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not normal.  

Yes, you can download 2.3.3 or 2.3.5 from CCO to reimage the appliance. That's what I would try next.  Note that the same section of the install guide for 2.3.5 actually recommends you Enable the NIC.

If you prefer to try getting the install to work on 2.1.2 first, please open a TAC case.

Hi Preston; I'm going to proceed with open a TAC case; thank you by your support and time.

Hi, is there a known solution for this or a bug description.

Thanks in advance.

This can occur due to different reasons such as bad USB, bad burn, corrupt ISO, etc. Another issue could be that the drivers don't match the version on the Cisco IMC. It's just a triage process, not pointing towards a single issue.