Views
Helpful
Replies

Single flexconnect SSIDs on multiple sites using DNA Center

surendrajobin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We are trying to create a single Wireless Profile on Cisco DNA Center.
This profile is applied to most of our buildings. It contains a FlexConnect SSID that is broadcasted in buildings behind different routers. That means the local switching VLAN of that flexconnect is different for each building.

Sadly I can't make it work, how can I specify which VLAN ID to use for the SSID per building ? If not, do I need to create different Wireless Profiles per building then ?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

DJW487
Level 1
Level 1

I can't see any way to do this other than a separate wireless profile per site, as you assign the vlan when you add the SSID to the profile and select "Flex Connect Local Switching" so you'll need one profile per site that the vlan changes on.

On the website under Network Settings > Wireless > FlexConnect, what is the purpose of the AAA Override ?

I haven't personally used this feature, but from what I read, that is for when you use AAA server like ISE to profile a device/client and it can actually return to the WLC what vlan that client should use.
I guess that's an option, if you have that setup.

Here is a document explaining how to configure it directly on a 9800 (albeit on 17.1, but it gives you an idea of what it does)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/config-guide/b_wl_17_11_cg/wlan-security.html#info-aaa-over

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card