cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot start link between devices

pgaltieri
Level 1
Level 1

I have a fairly simple topology, an ext-conn device is attached to an unmanaged-switch, an iosv-0 device is also attached to the unmanaged switch and an xr9kv-0 device is attached to the iosv-0 device.  I start the lab simulation and all the devices eventually come up, the xr9kv device takes the longest to come up since it's a cpu hog.  After all the devices have come up the link between the ext-conn device and the switch shows as defined_on_cluster, the link between the switch and the iosv-0 device also shows as defined_on_cluster.  The link between the iosv-o and the xr9kv shows as started.  When I try to start the links that have not yet been started I get a popup saying "Starting link failed."  Even when I delete the xr9kv device and watch the cpu load go from over 50% to less than 25% the links still wont start.  I've tried wiping the lab and restarting and still no luck getting the links to start.  How do I get the links to start?

Paolo

Paolo

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Is this on CML -P ? if so, what your PC specs?  

non-official help and CML-P group support is at CLN, see https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO3i00000094ZjGAI/cisco-modeling-labs-personal-community

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

It's CML Personal.  The system is a Dell laptop with 16 G memory and 4 cores (i7-4500U) running Fedora 30, with 8 GB allocated to CML-P.  It doesn't always happen, but when it does it always stays that way until I redeploy CML-P.

Paolo