Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Import AD User Groups to Jabber Contact Lists

Alketron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Currently we have multiple security groups in our AD Directory used to organize our employees based on department.

I am able to add Directory Groups into Jabber manually through File -> New -> Directory Group.

What am I looking for is a way to bulk import all of our AD User groups to everyone's Jabber contact from the administrative side. This way when a new AD account is created and added to a group, they will be dynamically updated in everyone's Jabber contact list.

Ideally I would like to avoid having to manually import these groups to each individual Jabber client.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately that's not possible, it has to be done directly in the Jabber client.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately that's not possible, it has to be done directly in the Jabber client.

HTH

java

Hi jaime,

but isn't it even possible to add groups via jabber-config.xml?

Thanks!
Alessandro

Have you gone through the Jabber parameter reference guide?

HTH

java

Yes, but unfortunately there is no parameter that allows you to do this through the jabber-config.xml. :/

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I have found a Feature Enhancement for it but doesn't appear to have been implemented.  

Thanks,

Joe

The requirement can be fulfilled by 3rd party solution "MARS External Directory" for Jabber Clients

Parsec’s custom Directory application for Cisco Jabber client will be configured as a “Custom Tab” in the user’s Jabber Client

User can access the application by clicking the application related “Custom Tab” in the user’s Jabber Client

Contacts imported by application administrator will be automatically displayed to the users

The imported contacts will be stored in Parsec’s application database.

The imported contacts will NOT be visible in the default Cisco Jabber contact list ( Jabber’s Contacts tab )

PFA the application image

For more details please write to info@parsec-tech.com

www.parsec-tech.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: