cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call from CMS space to CUCM incorrect domain in caller ID

Steven Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up CMS 2.3.3 and everything is working, however when i place a call from a CMS space to a Jabber phone in CUCM, the caller ID displays the correct first and last name however when i hover over the call in jabber the callback id displays as  - userID@ip address of CUCM

Ideally i would like it to display the users "Secondary URI user part@cms.domain" which is a 6 digit number synced into CMS from AD, so that callback works. 

e.g - 123456@cms.domain

Unsure how to go about this, tried playing around with the "local from domain" in CMS outbound calls but makes no difference.

thanks

1 Reply 1

Steven Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

In efforts to troubleshoot this i pointed the outbound call rule in CMS to Expressway-C instead of CUCM simply for the ease of looking at the expressway search history rather than pulling CUCM traces and how changing the setting in the "local from domain" on CMS does indeed change the domain portion of the caller ID to be whatever you want it to be. 

However when the call hits CUCM, CUCM will replace the domain with it's own IP address unless the destination device (jabber phone in this case) has a sip profile with the "Use Fully Qualified Domain Name in SIP Requests" enabled (checked)

Some other things i noticed that are worth pointing out relating to dial back from jabber call history

When you are logged into the meeting app and you use the "meet" button to place a call to CUCM jabber the call appears on the jabber endpoint with the caller ID in the format "username@cms.domain" which is the same format you use to log into the CMS app, this is the CMS user ID

When you place the same call to CUCM but from inside a space, the format appears as "username.space@cms.domain" this is CMS space ID

You can achieve dial-back from jabber on CUCM for both formats simply by making sure that the inbound call for the cms.domain on CMS targets both "users" and "spaces" and by making sure you have a "cms.domain" sip route pattern on CUCM pointing at your CMS trunks

Hope this is of use to somebody.