cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't change Telepresence video layout

CrowleyFleck
Level 1
Level 1

When I join a Telepresence SX20 to one of our WebEx MeetingCenter conferences, we're unable to select a layout on the SX20. It only uses the reduced size main speaker (or shared monitor), with the separate film-strip of participants on the lower 25% of the display. We can press 2 on the SX20 remote, or use far-end camera control to select a new layout (it highlights blue), but it never switches to that layout.

Is there an option in MeetingCenter that locks the layout to Telepresence participants? I can't find any.

Am I missing some config somewhere?

Thanks,

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Video endpoints will always see WebEx participants within one single pane, and who they see is based on who the active speaker is, however other connected video endpoints will be visible within their own separate panes.  You can change the layout from the endpoint using DTMF (2 and 8) or FECC, but the layout changes will only be seen if you have more than one video endpoint connected in the CMR Cloud meeting.  Regarding layout control with content on the screen, it appears that this layout is fixed and cannot be changed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Video endpoints will always see WebEx participants within one single pane, and who they see is based on who the active speaker is, however other connected video endpoints will be visible within their own separate panes.  You can change the layout from the endpoint using DTMF (2 and 8) or FECC, but the layout changes will only be seen if you have more than one video endpoint connected in the CMR Cloud meeting.  Regarding layout control with content on the screen, it appears that this layout is fixed and cannot be changed.

Thanks for the explanation, Patrick. I tested and got your results. Quite disappointing that a shared screen from a PC participant (specifically PowerPoint) can't be displayed full screen on the Telepresence endpoints. I have received complaints from users saying during presentation, they really don't care, or wish, to see the other participants video feeds.

I'll express this to our Cisco rep!

No problem, I had tested the various scenarios and the only time the layout changed for me was when other video endpoints were connected, and when content wasn't being displayed.  Your Account Manager is the best route to go when providing feedback, as they can make sure it gets to those who matter.