cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 10.6.1 for Mac and Recent Messages in new chat windows

kris.reese1
Level 1
Level 1

In my Jabber preferences, under Chats, I have selected the option "Show recent messages in new chat windows", yet any time I close a conversation and reopen in later in the day, the chat window is completely blank and does not display any of the recent chat history from that day, despite the setting.

I also have the option to Save chats, so my resourse has been to navigate the stored chat archives.  Why aren't my recent messages showing when I reopen a chat window?

Cisco Jabber 10.6.1

Mac OS Yosemite

4 Replies 4

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check the following:-

1) End users are not signing out of the Jabber client.

2) This feature does not work on the IM only deployments.

3) There is no XML code on the jabber config file as "Disable_IM_History"

4) Message archiving should be disabled on the IM&P server.

For point 2 and 4: I do not believe these to be the issues as it works on my co-workers laptops.  Thank you for the suggestion.

For point 1: I searched in various xml files to see if this setting was present, but did not find it anywhere.  I checked:

/Applications/Cisco Jabber.app/Contents/Resources/jabber-config-defaults.xml

/Applications/Cisco Jabber.app/Contents/MacOS/jabber-config-defaults.xml

However, anything under these two directories haven't been modified in quite some time, despite me trying to enable/disable the aforementioned checkbox in the initial post.

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you test the same feature on the latest version of jabber for mac 11.x and confirm if you still see the same symptom.

regards,

Amit Kumar

I do not have a login to download the latest version.  My company software repository has 10.6.1 as the latest available to me at the moment.  With that said, my co-workers are using the same version and have chat history available to them, though it only goes back so far within the chat window.