Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 11.9.3 Cannot Communicate with the server

My company want to start to use Cisco Jabber to remplace the old IPCOMM , i have this Problem:

after create my Phone with CSF ( it Windows) I  tried to link and AD user but when I log in jabber I get the error Cannot Communicate with the server,

We Dont Have Cisco IMP and I choose "Cisco Communications Manager 9 or Later" and i add my CUCM name in "Use The following Server"

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Basic configuration of Jabber is the same to be used as softphone only or full UC, in order to use it as phone only the thing you do NOT need to do are:

A) Enable the user for IM&P in the user page

B) Have an IM&P server in the service profile associated to the user.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I Tried to Configure in an Android device and it Works Good but just in "Only Phone Services" , if i choose "Cisco Communications Manager 9+" It send me the same Message that Windows.

in Windows I dont have this Option

J4W depends mostly on SRVs and/or CLI switches during install, if you try a bogus server and user it should provide the option to enter the server to use.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Excuse me, you haven't given a good solution to this problem.

Our problem is the same: we don't have CISCO IMP, which can be connected when selecting only telephone services in jabber advanced settings, this is no problem, but when we choose Cisco communication Manger9+, we can verify the certificate but then show that there is no law to communicate with the server.

kaikai.wang
Level 1
Level 1

I met this problem, too. Have you solved it, please? What is the specific operation? Please tell me, thank you, and look forward to your reply.

Hi there 

If you don’t have IMP and if you configure CSF device in CUCM, you can still login to Jabber as call control mode. Config is Just like adding a phone. Could you share the error please ?

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

To add to what Chris said, I would ask that you double-check all of the requirements for Jabber in Phone Only to work:

On-Premises Deployment for Cisco Jabber 11.5 - Phone Mode Deployment

One thing I would add to the above is to make sure that the "Home Cluster" checkbox is checked for all Jabber users. That does not seem to be in the above instructions.

Maren

First, I added SRV parsing to DNS, and then choosing Ctrl+Shift+d in jabber to see my certificate was problematic, so I used set network domain to modify the domain to make jabber landing. But, there is something wrong with my LDAP. It's the same as the following person's question. Can you solve it?

LDAP同步问题

Hi,

I found the problem and i Resolved it just adding the name of the host in my host archive in System32\driver\etc\host

i check too the home cluster in the USERID page and associate the user to the line 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: