cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for iPad generally available - See Comprehensive List of Resources and Let Us Know What You Think

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Back in March, we announced that a Cisco Jabber app specifically for iPad was coming soon. Today we’re proud to announce that the app is here!

With Cisco Jabber for iPad, we enable our Jabber customers to collaborate from anywhere on the world’s most popular tablet, utilizing high quality video, voice, presence, instant messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing and visual voicemail. Jabber for iPad also expands the integration between Jabber and TelePresence, giving you a way to initiate and connect into a TelePresence session from your iPad whether in the office or on the go.

Jabber for iPad delivers a complete collaboration experience for mobile workers who need instant access to information and decision makers and want to choose when, where, and how they work.

Jabber for iPad requires certain Cisco UC and Collaboration services to be in place in your organization, so please read the datasheet for details.

Download the app today in the Apple iTunes App Store. 

For support and technical questions, start with these documents. Additional support is available in the Cisco Support Community.

Use this thread here to let us know what you think. I’ve been using an Alpha version for months and I love it! Hopefully you’ll have the same great experience.

Regards,

Mark Gervase

Marketing Manager

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

20 Replies 20

hteicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

**Henry, I removed your contact information from this post. Kelli Glass, Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community**

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass

amaikoo
Level 5
Level 5

iN cucm, will this work on the same phone type for IPhone or is there a COP file needed for the iPAD phone type?

Great question! There's a COP file for iPad and it should be up on cisco.com tonight. Its different than the iPhone COP file.

Thanks,

Mark Gervase

Mark

Will this be a seperate COP file like the Jabber for Everyone COP file or is this rolled up with the latest device package

(8.6.2(22038) released 09-JUL-2012.

If it is the former then I am not seeing it.

Thanks

venkat.kt
Level 1
Level 1

HI Mark, finally the wait is over !

Could not find the COP file yet. Any idea if it is made available today?

Regards

Venkat

KEVIN STEWART
Level 1
Level 1

Both the COP file and the TMS templates are missing from CCO.. so kind of hard to use the client..

Here it is

https://communities.cisco.com/message/98924#98924

**Moderator note: Please note that this URL is accessible only to Cisco Partners**

When is the COP file going to be publicly available?

Not sure, but keep eye on the communities site for notification

Look here https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2159668

**contact information removed by Moderator for privacy concerns**

Doesn't really makes sense to have announced the availability of Jabber for IPad then; as many of us have downloaded the software, but can't get it functioning, because the COP file for the CUCM and the XML provisioning template for the TMS are not yet officially available.

What access do I need to access this page?  Says unauthorized.

Are you able to unable to access this thread? If so, what partner are you with?

https://communities.cisco.com/message/98924#98924

**Moderator note: Please note that this URL is accessible only to Cisco Partners**

Can't access the link you provide.  How can I get the template file?

If you are not with a Partner, then you will have to wait until it is available on Cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/navigator.html?mdfid=284288351&i=rm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: