Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco Jabber for iPhone - Directory - Only when CUCM with AD?

Hi,

I am playing with Cisco Jabber, espetially for iPhone and its directory features.

Was anybody successful to ad LDAP directory when the CUCM is not tight with AD/LDAP?

In such scenario, I was not able to access the LDAP (verify server, login).

So is the connection between CUCM and AD/LDAP mandatory for Jabber Directory feature?

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Jiri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi

You can use the directory, or not... it's up to you. No directory means you can only use your local iPhone contacts list.

I set this up by populating the 'Product Specific' fields when you configure the TCT device.

LDAP PAssword = the password

LDAP Server = FQDN of a DC running the Global Catalog service, followed by :port. E.g. dc1.domain.com:3268

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES
Highlighted

Hi

You can use the directory, or not... it's up to you. No directory means you can only use your local iPhone contacts list.

I set this up by populating the 'Product Specific' fields when you configure the TCT device.

LDAP PAssword = the password

LDAP Server = FQDN of a DC running the Global Catalog service, followed by :port. E.g. dc1.domain.com:3268

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Beginner

Hi

Thank you for this magic.

It works smoothly now.

Regards

Jiri

Beginner

Hello,

Many thanks, it worked for me too!

BR,

Bogdan

Beginner

I was wandering if UDS will be available in the future also for mobile devices, as in Jabber for Windows.

In my opinion it's unusual, that a device must connect directly to AD for search.

Regards,

Mirko

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- Webex Hybrid Services Solutions