cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for iPhone - Directory - Only when CUCM with AD?

JiriPrinc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am playing with Cisco Jabber, espetially for iPhone and its directory features.

Was anybody successful to ad LDAP directory when the CUCM is not tight with AD/LDAP?

In such scenario, I was not able to access the LDAP (verify server, login).

So is the connection between CUCM and AD/LDAP mandatory for Jabber Directory feature?

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Jiri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can use the directory, or not... it's up to you. No directory means you can only use your local iPhone contacts list.

I set this up by populating the 'Product Specific' fields when you configure the TCT device.

LDAP PAssword = the password

LDAP Server = FQDN of a DC running the Global Catalog service, followed by :port. E.g. dc1.domain.com:3268

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You can use the directory, or not... it's up to you. No directory means you can only use your local iPhone contacts list.

I set this up by populating the 'Product Specific' fields when you configure the TCT device.

LDAP PAssword = the password

LDAP Server = FQDN of a DC running the Global Catalog service, followed by :port. E.g. dc1.domain.com:3268

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Thank you for this magic.

It works smoothly now.

Regards

Jiri

Hello,

Many thanks, it worked for me too!

BR,

Bogdan

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

I was wandering if UDS will be available in the future also for mobile devices, as in Jabber for Windows.

In my opinion it's unusual, that a device must connect directly to AD for search.

Regards,

Mirko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: