cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone is here!

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

We are pleased to announce that the Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone application is generally available for our customers starting November 7, 2011.

Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone:

Stay connected while mobile: Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone delivers instant messaging (IM) and presence to your Apple iPhone.

• Access your desktop IM contact list and take action with features such as click to IM, click to call, click to email, and click to text from a person’s profile.
  • Start or join an instant Cisco WebEx meeting from an IM conversation.
  • Search for colleagues in your corporate directory.
  • Maintain security using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption and by connecting your iPhone directly to the Cisco IM infrastructure - Cisco Unified Presence or Cisco WebEx Connect.

Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone works with Apple iOS 4.2, 4.3, and 5.0 and most iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices from Apple. The app is a free download for Cisco Unified Presence or WebEx Connect customers and is designed to work with either deployment model - a premises-based or cloud-based presence solution.

Download Link

Download Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone directly from the Apple iTunes App Store. http://itunes.apple.com/app/cisco-jabber-im-for-iphone/id467192391?mt=8

Please let us know what you think about this app in this forum and in the iTunes App Store with your feedback and ratings.

Other Cisco Collaboration Solutions for iPhone

Other Cisco Jabber IM Solutions

For More Information

Visit these sites and utilize these resources to learn more about Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone:

Sincerely,

The Jabber IM for iPhone Team

24 Replies 24

Sharleen Suarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We've already installed Jabber for iPhone and Jabber for BB but there's no tap to call or tap to email option. Are there ways on how to verify our configuration? We are integrated with LDAP.

Sharleen

Hi Sharleen,

Both Jabber IM for iPhone and BlackBerry have click to call and click to email functionality. These are accessible from viewing profile.

casanavep
Level 3
Level 3

Are there any guides for deploying this product? See plenty on Jabber for iPhone but not much on Jabber IM for iPhone. Nothing meantioned for Jabber IM on the newest 8.x SRND updated about two weeks ago.

An admin guide for Jabber IM for iPhone is coming soon. It will have the same information contained in the powerpoint I uploaded. You can access it from the message I sent in the link below.

https://communities.cisco.com/message/78671#78671

Hello,

I was looking for the admin guide for configuring Jabber IM for iphone, but unfortunately the link u have provided says i am unauthorised to download the guide. Can you pleasee help me download the guide.

Thanks,

Rohith

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12127/prod_installation_guides_list.html

Hi Rohith, you can find the guide at the link above.

Thanks,

Gail

Hi Gail,

Thnx for ur quick response, but i was looking for a guide which will depict configuring Jabber IM for iphone with presence.

Is there something which can help me?

Thanks,

Rohith

Rohith,

That is the guide that will help you configure Jabber IM for iPhone with presence. Are you not able to access the link?

Thanks,

Gail

Gmycisco2012
Level 1
Level 1

Recently installed Jabber IM for iPhone on iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0.1. (Using SSO login)  In the instructions, it indicates that the program can be loaded in the Notification Center to provide alerts.  I cannot get this function to work even though its appropirately listed and set in the Notification Center.  Are others experiencing this issue?  Also, has anyone figured out a way to change the "new message" notification tone?  The current ping is very low and difficult to hear if the iphone is in a holster.

Greg,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts.  I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa). Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Can someone provide the link to dwonload the old version of  Cisco Jabber IM for iPhone.

Like >>

Jabber IM 0.7.0.ipa

Jabber IM 0.6.0.ipa

The only version available on itunes is Jabber IM 1.0.1.ipa. And I am using iphone 3G and that supports 0.7.0 0r 0.6.0 version.

Thanks in Advance

Sagar Soni

ssoni@uebiz.com

Hi Sagar,

Unfortunately, older versions of the client are not supported. 

Thanks,

Rena

Hi Rena,

I am not looking for support. I just need that release.

Thanks

Sagar Soni

Hi Rena,

Still waiting for yuor response.

Thanks

Sagar Soni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: