Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Push Notification not working

Hello team,

customer is complaining for push notifications not working - check was done on CM (proxy is used) and on the relevant certificates, showing no problem

although with the commands 

- utils network connectivity fos-a.wbx2.com 443

- utils network connectivity idbroker.webex.com 443

- utils network connectivity push.webexconnect.com 443

imply a connectivity issue (we receive 'Connect to the port (tcp) failed: Connection refused
Service not accessible') , customer sent ccmpns logs and demands to analyze them in order to specify further the issue

Since i have never done it before, it is not possible to read the logs and understand what they are saying

is thera a cisco tool to use or can someone assist me in finding the root cause from the logs?

4 Replies 4

If any of the tests below fail, don’t expect the Jabber push notification to work. First, you must check why it’s not working. From the OP, you mentioned that you use a proxy. In that case, the proxy might need to whitelist the URLs. The push notification configuration guide notes to add fos-a.wbx2.com, push.webexconnect.com, and idbroker.webex.com to the SSL Decryption Exclusion list in the firewall.”

utils network connectivity fos-a.wbx2.com 443
utils network connectivity idbroker.webex.com 443
utils network connectivity push.webexconnect.com 443

Response Signature

thank you , but it seems to be more complicated - as for some of the devices the PNs are working fine

I’d focus on fixing the obvious problems and verify the basic config matches the setup guide (eg TLS break-in exclusions) before focusing on the much more difficult task of isolating why it works sometimes. TAC is going to force you to do that anyway if you open a case to avoid wasting time.

Open a TAC case if you need log analysis. They usually have internal tools for that.

TLS problems are usually in the Tomcat security logs though.