CodyDante4828
Level 1
Level 1

Running

Jabber Application 11.9.3 and Up

Call Manager 11.5.1.12900-21

IM&P 11.5.1.12900-25

Unity 11.5.1.12900-21 

The "share screen" button is intermittently grayed out in the Jabber application. Sometimes the feature is available, sometimes it isn't. There are days when I am able to screen share with Person A but not Person B, then the next day I can screen share with Person B but not Person A. There are also days when I can't screen share with anybody at all! I haven't been able to found a way to trigger this or a way to temporarily restore it either. 

Some users are on Jabber version 11.9.3 and others are already on 12.+, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on this situation as they are also sporadically affected by this issue. I thought maybe the version mis-match was the culprit, but I haven't been able to find any kind of consistency between the symptoms. 

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
IM-only desktop sharing requires the other user to use a Windows client and *not* be connected through MRA. If all of those conditions are met and you are seeing the issue it may warrant log collections and a TAC case

All of the endpoints are located within the same LAN or are connected to the network via VPN, so I don't think this is an MRA issue. 

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just curious to know if you are facing this. Then try upgrading to 12.5.0.22884 and see it works

Desktop share button is grayed out during a call(BFCP) via MRA
CSCve40856

Description
Symptom:
Desktop share button on J4W is grayed out after sharing the desktop once during a call via MRA. The issue is seen in the version 11.1.2 or later.

Conditions:
- Jabber for Windows 11.1.2 or later
- Via MRA
- During a call (BFCP)
- Call with DX70/80

The issue 100% occurs in the environment.

Workaround:
None
Known Fixed Releases:  

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

I'm trying to use the screen share feature during an IM session and not a call. Not sure if that rules this out as a solution. 

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as you and just came across the article.  Any chance you found a solution?

Same issue as well and recently moved to Jabber version 12.9. CM is 12.5.1.  I guess TAC case here we come.

Hi, Did this get resolved by TAC or its working as expected?

Thanks,

Aseem Anand 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: