cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco versus Avaya Conference feature

Jaswild999
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that is currently on an Avaya system.

There is an attendant/call handler for automated conferencing.  Attendees dial a DID, the attendant asks for their conference (810 + #), then their attendee ID (810810#), then they are placed in conference until someone else joins.

What are my options for performing this with Cisco CUCM 9.0?

I can create an auto attendant structure with prompts that would put an external caller into a MeetMe, but how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?  Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

Regards,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?

You don't. An IP Phone (SCCP/SIP) must initiate this through a softkey action.

Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

MeetMe is your only rendezvous conference facility within CUCM. The only other option I can think of would be TelePresence Conductor and/or an MCU. That will be expensive hardware for an audio-only conference though. WebEx Meetings Server is probably the most economical audio approach.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how do I initiate the Meetme if the external caller is the first caller?

You don't. An IP Phone (SCCP/SIP) must initiate this through a softkey action.

Or what other options are there for this scenario (other than webex)?

MeetMe is your only rendezvous conference facility within CUCM. The only other option I can think of would be TelePresence Conductor and/or an MCU. That will be expensive hardware for an audio-only conference though. WebEx Meetings Server is probably the most economical audio approach.