cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEx crashes in Citrix 7.6 session on 2008R2 servers

natesojka
Level 1
Level 1

I created a ticket for this over a month ago and was told that the next version of WebEx "WBS31" would fix this issue.  Anyone else experience this?  Anyone from support with a comment on when WBS31 is to be released?  Citrix 7.6 has been out for over a year and a half.

1) On a standard Windows server 2008R2, WebEx works just fine. 

2) As soon as we set it up as a Citrix (version 7.6) terminal server, by installing the Citrix VDA 7.6.0.5026, WebEx sessions will not work.

Opening a WebEx session results in the attached error.  "Cisco WebEx Service has stopped working"

3 Replies 3

natesojka
Level 1
Level 1

I received confirmation from support that Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 is supported on 2008R2.  So I think there was some confusion with Cisco support on XenDesktop vs XenApp, which are essentially the same thing now with version 7.6.

Either way we still had WebEx crashing and I was told to call back into the support line.  Before doing that, I tested again today and WebEx is WORKING!

Not sure if WebEx made a minor update or if various Windows updates that were put on our servers did something, but so long as it is working.

WebEx version shows as WBS30.  Application version 30.3.1.10079E

Hi,

This seems to be the issue with WebEx SaaS (Could based). This community is for Cisco WebEx Meetings Server (on-premise) and Cisco Unified MeetingPlace products, and is not observed by WebEx SaaS experts. I would advise calling into WebEx SaaS support to get faster assistance in regards to this one.

I hope this will help.

-Dejan 

hi

What we need is only the webex IE client for the endusers, so they can see a presentation held by WebEx.
Problem is, only the first user on a XenApp 7.x terminalserver 2012R2 can participate, every user more on the same machine is unable to join the same meeting.

any idea, or not possible?

thx and remain with best regards

Thorsten