Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvb58894 - Call Recording over MRA

Relating to this bug, it's not clear to me if the call recording in MRA scenario is supported only by the network recording (gateway preferred) mode or if it's not supported at all.  The ExpressWay 8.9 release note states that CallRecording is not enabled beacause the built in bridge of mobile devices in MRA scenario does not work, but nothing says about the network recording mode.

Any idea about that?

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

I have also just read about call recording in Jabber via MRA not working.

This rules out most financial services firms using it then as they are required to record all calls. 

Is this even on the roadmap??

No Cisco roadmap commitment so far AFAIK, but I'm not the right one to answer about that.

Anyway, we have already identified other ways to record calls over MRA through our Imagicle Call Recording, using Dial in based conference technology TODAY.

For anybody interested, give me a ping.

Chris

Hi All,

Has anyone got this working?

under Calabrio QM only options we have to record devices are Phyical Phones and Jabber CSF. Unable to find Jabber Mobile devices using MRA.

Thanks,

yav 

Hi Yav,

Does Calabrio  allows you to add jabber mobile devices (for on premises)? If it does then i believe it should work over MRA as well, cause MRA is just a way around to bring in those remote endpoints.

However call recording over MRA is still beta release in Expressway x8.10.4.

Regards,

Alok

milfredo
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone got any further with this?

We are running Expressway 8.10.4 and CUCM 11.5.1.14900-11 so we about as current as you want to go without running bleeding edge.

Has anyone got recording to work over MRA yet? Strangely, before the upgrade to 11.5 and still on CUCM 10.5 & Expressway 8.10.4, we could record Jabber devices over MRA but the quality was really bad. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Will

Hi, 

Did you have any luck with this setup?

No we are still having issues. We've upgraded to latest expressway versions (minus point releases) and the feature is still facing issues. We can now record VOX onto our Verint 15.2 system but with no CTI monitoring there is no JTAPI and hence the call is not associated with the user.  

This has been a complete nightmare. Does anyone have any advice on how their installations have gone? 

If the audio quality is delayed/echoing, try upgrading Expressways to 8.11.4 or higher. BiB recording was only a preview feature in 8.10 and there is a bug regarding the stream being muxed incorrectly and causing audio quality issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: