Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DISA aka Cisco Mobile Voice Access Questions

Hello All - I was wondering if there is someone out there that can help me understand DISA aka Cisco Mobile Voice Access.  More specifically, the configuration requirements and functionality.

We are 100 percent SIP and I've noticed a lot of documentation pointing toward H323 is required - is is possible to run this under SIP?

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yep, SIP works just fine. The incoming dial-peer with the service command will support the VoiceXML browser session. The main problem recently has been the loss of VoiceXML on the ISR 4K platforms due to IOS XE. That has finally been resolved with the direct IVR support of MVA by CUCM 12.5

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1/featureConfig/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-1251_chapter_010.html#CUCM_TK_C42E7BDC_00

Thank You!

Will this application allow for call to stay up for multiple calls?  IE..we have the need for a user to call into the DISA application and make multiple calls.  The use case is that the user will have multiple voicemails to return and wants to return them all at once instead of having to call into the DISA application multiple times

No, I do not believe MVA supports a nailed up call. You could conceivably use Extend and Connect with Jabber for that but I have never seen a customer do it that way. Is there a reason the user can't use a soft phone application such as Jabber?

We've been arguing the same point with this user but he made the case that in the scenario where jabber is not accessible. This feature that he wants is an old feature that he had with the NEC PBX.  Cisco has replicated most of it with MVA but this one feature is the one that he wants that I'm not sure I'll be able find for him. How about calling into MVA which transfers to a conference bridge - is there a way to configure a conference bridge like conference now to call out and not hang the bridge up?

Conference Now is rendezvous-style; you must call into it. You could theoretically do this with some API calls to an MCU or CMS to have it out-dial but that would require you develop a user interface to initiate/control. Thinking far outside the box, you could also use a service such as Twilio to roll-your-own solution.

Really good thoughts - thank you so much for thinking out of the box.
I'm going to check Twilio out and see if this is something that is doable.