cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error when uploading new firmware to Call Manager from DVD

alexmolina2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to upgrade firmware for an 8865 to fix a known bug. 

in Cisco Unified Operating System Administration, then going to Software upgrade/install upgrade, I choose

Source: DVD

SMTP server: blank

email destination: blank

Loading: please wait..

Then I receive the error: "No valid upgrade options were found"

Invalid upgrades section:

Option names: UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.10000-6.sgn.iso

Status: The version obtained from the name must be greater than the current version.

The firmware from the DVD is: cmterm-8845_65-sip.12-7-1-0001-393.k3.cop.sgn

This is the first time our team has seen this error via DVD. The version i'm upgrading to is recent, I'm not sure what to look for next.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like the system doesn’t recognise or find the file on the DVD. Have you closed the disk after you put the file on it? Would it be possible for you test with another option, like sourcing the file from an FTP or SFTP server?

Another option is if you got PCD you can use it to install the new firmware on your entire cluster in one go as it should be installed on all nodes.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Looks like the system doesn’t recognise or find the file on the DVD. Have you closed the disk after you put the file on it? Would it be possible for you test with another option, like sourcing the file from an FTP or SFTP server?

Another option is if you got PCD you can use it to install the new firmware on your entire cluster in one go as it should be installed on all nodes.

Response Signature

Hi Roger thanks for the suggestion, I burned the DVD both ways Windows 10 allowed me: "Like a USB drive" and "with a CD/DVD player" . We were trying by DVD since SFTP wasn't allowing us to authenticate to it last week. I still wasn't able to load the file via DVD. 

We rebooted our SFTP server and restarted the SFTP service to get it working, and now we uploaded the file to call manager successfully. I was also able to get phone upgraded successfully also. The reason we needed to upgrade a single phone was to test DTMF tones sent to an intercom that unlocks the front access control door. There was a known bug with that version of firmware.

Two things.

1. Your "question" is unrelated to the OP topic. It is much better if you post your question on your own post.
  2. If you have access to cisco.com you would be able to download this from there.

Response Signature