cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure dial plan mapping for Cisco Jabber?

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

I deploy Cisco Jabber of iPhone for users. 

Users require to dial a telephone number which is in iPhone contact list with Cisco Jabber directly. 

we assume all telephone number in iPhone contact list is E164 format as like +852XXXXXXXXXX, so I have to manipulate the number to conform to CUCM router list.  

It seem that Application dial rule and  Directory lookup dial rules can manipulate the number, but I don't know how to configure Application dial rule and  Directory lookup dial rules?

Could you provide a guide ? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

To add to Jamies suggestion, I would strongly suggest being very careful when it comes to application dial rules and directory lookup rules.

Yes they work, but they are global.  I Always guide users to make sure they store their numbers in E.164 format (E.g +44203 instead of 0203)

That way, if your CUCM can handle E.164 (Which it should be able to) Then you don't need to do anything.

The justification I give for this is that if you don't store your numbers in E.164 format, they often won't work when you travel abroad - even when dialled from your mobile.  If your users get into the habit of storing everything in E.164 everywhere (outlook, mobile etc) it should work everywhere.

Manipulating numbers to account for users errors is not a good strategy in my opinion, since we cannot account for every user scenario.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reviewed the online documentation or used help -> this page?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi
Thanks for your reply!
I don’t understand. Which online document you refer to ?

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

To add to Jamies suggestion, I would strongly suggest being very careful when it comes to application dial rules and directory lookup rules.

Yes they work, but they are global.  I Always guide users to make sure they store their numbers in E.164 format (E.g +44203 instead of 0203)

That way, if your CUCM can handle E.164 (Which it should be able to) Then you don't need to do anything.

The justification I give for this is that if you don't store your numbers in E.164 format, they often won't work when you travel abroad - even when dialled from your mobile.  If your users get into the habit of storing everything in E.164 everywhere (outlook, mobile etc) it should work everywhere.

Manipulating numbers to account for users errors is not a good strategy in my opinion, since we cannot account for every user scenario.

Hi
Thanks your reply!
I will think your suggestion carefully , but I have to satisfy the requirement.

Thats your decision. But if the requirement is to configure the phone system to automatically correct users dialling numbers incorrectly, then I'd strongly suggest you push back on that :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: