Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable the ignore Button on Jabber

iptsupport
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to disable the ignore Button on the Jabber client?

I want that user can see button "answer" only .

Please help!

Thanks

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to remove the VM profile from their lines to do that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi There,

Noticed the enhancement note on this feature and this is still open. Please refer the bug id - CSCve25992

ENH: Disable Decline button from call toast.
CSCve25992

Symptom:
Current Situation:

When a line that is associated to a user has voicemail profile associated, Decline Button is seen in the incoming call toast of jabber.

Only when the voicemail profile is not associated with the line, jabber on windows call toast doesn't show Decline Button.
With 12.X Jabber, ignore button is seen when there is no voicemail profile associated. But there are scenarios where users need neither decline nor ignore.

Expected Scenario:

Feature request to remove the Decline/Ignore Button from the call toast, while keeping the voicemail profile associated to the user, probably by way of config file parameter.

Conditions:
Enhancement request to add a feature to remove ignore/decline from call toast and only have the accept button.

Workaround:
NA

Regards,
Shalid ** Please rate the post if you find it helpful. ****

pdub716
Level 5
Level 5

My company needs to the same feature, with the recent requirements to get people working from home due to the Coronavirus we have moved all our agents to Finesse with Jabber.

This is creating all sorts of issues with Agents just randomly declining or ignoring calls (with Little visibility into this event)

the agents need the toaster because they have a second DID line. If you cant allow us to remove the decline or ignore button then allow us to change behavior per line, that way I can turn off the toaster pop for the agent line and allow the toaster pop for the second DID line.

I did run across a post where you can possibly remove decline for Hunt groups CSCvm01173 <PreventDeclineOnHuntCall>true</PreventDeclineOnHuntCall which is a step in the right direction, now Cisco just needs to add this for Finesse users or allow it per line.

Is this anywhere on the road map.

Roadmap items are NDA and thus cannot be discussed in public forums, you would need to discuss this via your SE/AM.

Currently there is no way to do what you ask, you would need to change the VM profile configuration to send the call somewhere else when they press ignore, or remove the configuration to remove the option from Jabber.

As there is already an enhancement request, you can ask your SE/AM to add you to it, along with your justification/business case for it so it can be prioritized accordingly.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This enhancement request is asking for the opposite of what we need, but it is similar.  This request is for:

"Enhancement request to add a feature to remove ignore/decline from call toast and only have the accept button."

What we need is:

'Enhancement request to add a feature to add the "Ignore" button to the call toast when you have a voicemail account defined.  I.e. the call toast would have three buttons for "Answer", "Decline" and "Ignore".'

@Jaime Valencia @Shalid Kurunnan Chalil are there any open enhancement requests asking for the addition of the Ignore button?

What would be the expected difference in action between "Decline" and "Ignore"?

Response Signature

Decline sends a call straight to your coverage (usually voicemail).

Ignore silences the ringing, but the call keeps ringing.  This way you can stop the ringing, but still answer the call later (before it times out).  It also allows you to ignore the caller without them knowing you sent them straight voicemail.

We've now migrated to the Webex client which has separate Ignore and Decline buttons, so this issue is effectively resolved for us.

Thanks for the clarification.

From what you know is it possible in Webex to remove both of the options Decline and Ignore so that only Answer remains? Removal of voice mail doesn’t do the same as it did with Jabber.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg wrote:

Thanks for the clarification.

From what you know is it possible in Webex to remove both of the options Decline and Ignore so that only Answer remains? Removal of voice mail doesn’t do the same as it did with Jabber.

I don't know how to remove these in the Webex app.  In my experience it seems like the Webex app is less configurable than Jabber, so I doubt it's possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: