Views
Helpful
Replies

IMP VM stuck in booting while upgrading

NetExprt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I am doing upgrade for  IM and presence and while restarting , the VM stuck in booting.

please advise how to recover this situation .

IMP version 12.0.1  is upgrading to 12.5.1

attached the error message from the VM console 

5 Replies 5

First, if you have a service contract now is the time to call TAC.

Second, where are you in your upgrade procedure? If you are upgrading IMP, I assume you have upgraded your CUCMs already and that went fine. Is this the first IMP node to be upgraded (and is it the IMP Publisher Node)?

Please dump a log file of the failure (TAC will want it anyway) and we might be able to figure out what went wrong:

Dump a Log File After an Upgrade Failure

(And, so you know for next time, that is why the "Press Any Key To Continue" was on the screen to allow you to mount a file to capture the dump.)

Post your dump file and we will see if someone can help parse it. That's not my area of expertise, so really I encourage you to call TAC if you can.

Maren

thanks for your reply ..

yes I have successfully done the CUCM upgrade and also IMP pub and sub . however when rebooting the IMP publisher it fails to reboot .

so currently I have all CUCM nodes and IMP_SUB are upgraded and working fine.only IMP-PUB is faulty and I migrated all users to IMP-SUB.

I will try to collect the dump log and share with you.

Please see there is a field notice out for this - at least based on what that looks like. It prescribes using the recovery image to boot the machine and removing VMWare tools to rebuild the boot image.

This did not work for me and TAC advised a rebuild and restore. Currently investigating why the upgrade failed in the first place.

I looked in Bugtrack for this error, but did not run across the field notice. Do you have a link?

Maren

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/703/fn70379.html

Happen to have this open as we're still trying to recover our emergency responder installation that failed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: