Views
Helpful
Replies

integrate jabber for windows with microsoft office

csco11904392
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i have install jabber for windowos and it is working fine for cal and IM chat  but i need to integrate it with microsoft office .

the version of my devices as below :

CUCM 8.6

CUP 8.6

jabber for windows 9.0.5

Thanks ,

Ahmed

5 Replies 5

csco11904392
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

i dont know how to do the setup .

Please, can any one suggest me how to do it ????

Thanks,

Ahmed

Hi,

It sounds like you're trying to perform a calendar integration with Jabber. Jabber only performs calendar integrations so it won't be with Word/Excel.

The guide to complete this integration is here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/exchange/guide/exchintcommonconfig.html#wp1072874

Please know that the guide does give you extra information depending on your exchange environment.

Good Luck

Brad

Few things to check:

* For the C2X functionality to work in Outlook, you need to populate the proxyaddress field in AD. See the docs for further detail

* Also having connect7 or Lync/MOC installed on the same machine as Jabber will also break the integration.

Hi Bradley,

the calender integration with jabber for windows is ok , i can see the

sechuduled meeting through jabber for windows .

but i am not able to see the user status ( if they avalible or not ) on outlook ,it is

always showed them offline status .

see the below picture for  Mohammed A.Nasser is available but in outlook is showed he is offline .

and for Word/Excel are you sure i can not use it to dial number ????

For user status from Outlook and sharepoint you need to populate teh proxyaddress in AD and point it at the CUP login address of the user. Click to call is only supported from Outlook, everything else is not supported, I think Word works for click to dial only from the author page of the document, excel and everything else does not work at this time.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris