Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.7 don´t appear advanced configurations

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer had Jabber version 11.0 installed in the machine and did upgrade to version 11.7 and worked fine. In the most machine users don´t have the Jabber installed and when him try installed directly Jabber version 11.7 and try to define, don´t appear the advanced configurations. Are there any that need to verify without the Customer have that to do 02 install to work?

Thanks,

Wilson

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is WAD, you'll only get the option if login fails for any reason.

Try to login with a bogus user/domain and you should get it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. The Customer did the procedure and didn´t worked. I am attaching print (Sorry, but is in Portuguese).

A one curiosity, what is the meaning WAD?

Thanks,

Wilson

WAD = Working As Designed

They need to go through the  WHOLE procedure, try a bogus user/domain, all the way to the point to which Jabber fails because it cannot find the SRV records.

They're not doing that in the screenshot, that's just the warning because you're trying a different user and the info will be lost.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I am sorry, but, I didn´t understood Your explanation.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Jaime,

Same the Customer to define again it not appear the option "advanced configuration". This problem could be related the Windows firewall for example?

Thanks,

Wilson

Login with a fake name like test@test.test

This creates an error, now you can use advanced configuration

JH

Hi Kostas,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Same to do login with fake name the advanced configuration don´t appear. I did the test today, removed the Jabber and install again and the problem continues. Now when I did logon with administrator privilégios the option appear. I believe that the problem is related the permission or policies in the machine of User. I am waiting him verify this.

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Observing the same issue with my jabber application. Could you please share if any resolution you found.

Regards,

Razi

Hi,

Jabber is doing the Auto-discovery per default with the Windows UPN domain. That's why you probably don't see the first page, where you enter the email address and the advanced settings --> You will see the second page with username / password.

Try to re-install the Jabber via command line through this command:

msiexec.exe /i ciscojabbersetup.msi UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false CLEAR=1

UPN_DISCOVERY_ENABLED=false deactivates this default behaviour

CLEAR=1 overrides any previous found settings