cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.7.1 no VM indicator for Alternate Extention

ddavidson
Level 1
Level 1

I running CUCM 12.0 LDAP enabled; running CUC 12.5su2 also LDAP enabled. I am using Jabber 12.7.1 with Multiline. I have no problems with the integration for VM on a single or shared line (Jabber showing the VM indicator). What I cannot seem to get working is on Jabber to show the message indicator for an Alternate extension. Does this feature work? If so does anyone know what needs to be configured differently? I can get Alternate extensions to display on a desk phone (8851)

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thank you for the reply along with your results. I think I will change my Jabber to the same version you have listed and retry tomorrow. I will post my results.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I tried your scenario in my environment and Jabber does display voicemail notification if you leave voice message for alternate extension. Below is what I used for testing:

CUCM Version: 12.0.1.22900-11

CUC Version: 12.0.1.22900-14

Jabber Version: 12.8.2

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

thank you for the reply along with your results. I think I will change my Jabber to the same version you have listed and retry tomorrow. I will post my results.

Vaijanath-

I was able to get WMI working as you described as long as I had a CUC User and then put an Alternate Extension for this.

The next challenge I am working on; is a Group Voicemail box that is not in AD so the Unity User is not LDAP. So calls coming from a UCCE Label to CUCM to CUC via a CTI Route Point to a CUC local Group voicemail box. Since the users are on UCCE they do have their own VM so I am putting a dummy line on their phone and adding that as an Alternate extension to the Group VMB. Wish me luck!

Again, thanks for your help!