Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 12.9

mmaamm238
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

A few days ago I saw that my phone services was not working on android phone.

I understand that jabber updated to 12.9

I removed it and installed 12.8 and now it is working.

I did not find anything special in 12.9 release notes.

My versions:

CUCM: 11.5.1.12900-21

IM&P: 11.5.1.12900-25

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What troubleshooting did you do when it wasn't working?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The error is: Can not connect to CUCM server. Check your network settings.

That's just the error you saw, if you didn't review a PRT or server logs/traces there's no way to tell what happened. 

HTH

java

Dear Jaime

I attached the jabber log.

I faced with almost the same issue.

Android - Jabber 12.9, Expressways - 12.6. Working awfull, eveng presence services won't come up. This matters only when you use MRA (expressways, outside your network) and Android-based devices. Apple devices work perfect. TAC reported that there is an issue with these versions. Workaround is to disable Apple push in jabber-config (meanwhile Apple devices continue to work as designed and Android devices accidently stat to work). But then - wait for new versions...

I think this is:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv12541

If you have a case open - is this interaction with UCM 12.5+ or the SU3 release? If you didn't end up on one of the pulled or bugged X12.5 releases maybe hold off. I was going to upgrade next week but I would rather not upgrade versus change the configuration for thousands of BOT devices.

Hi ,

we have over 100K -Jabbers working on HCS ,with current CUCM 11.5.2.sux = 99% of the issues , it is hard to get the PRT logs from end users and lots of time wasted on this .

when I looked at the version 12.9 , it says you can remotely get PRT logs -for user related issues , would you be able to share the steps/process of getting the PRT logs remotely , also will this version of Jabbber works with CUCM 11.5.? to gather the PRT logs?

Thank you .

Jabber 12.9 RNs points to the documents where that info can be found, have you reviewed those docs?

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: