Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.2.2 Presence is not displaying in Outlook 2013

I can see that there is a line for the status but it is simply blank (white) regardless of the user's status.

This includes the picture as well as the box/circle next to the users name within the emails To/From/CC/BCC/etc sections.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have you go the proxy address field in AD populated with SIP:IMaddress@domain.com?

A quick way to check this would be to go to Outlook properties in the Outlook contac case for that user and select the E-mail addresses tab.

In this there should be a record for SIP:usersIMaddress.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

knicgabh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are all the presence bubbles greyed out for all users?

Did this work pre upgrade?

Thanks

They are grayed out for all users and this fuction did not work pre-upgrade. Initially using 9.1.3 and 9.1.4 with Outlook 2010 I observed the same issue but in some cases even the white (blank) boxes or lines for the user picture wouldn't show up unless I shut down Outlook and Jabber then started them back up.

Basically the issue persists regardless of the aforementioned versions of either Office suite or Jabber IM.

I also verified the reg key HKEY_CU\Software\IM Profiders\Cisco Jabber\UpAndRunning is set to REG_DWORD 2 as specified in another post.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Have you go the proxy address field in AD populated with SIP:IMaddress@domain.com?

A quick way to check this would be to go to Outlook properties in the Outlook contac case for that user and select the E-mail addresses tab.

In this there should be a record for SIP:usersIMaddress.

I am not seeing a specified SIP address under E-mail Addresses and the IM field on the contact card is grayed out for all users.

Is this an option we would need to enable on our Exchange (2010) server or within AD (2008)?

Edit: I can see that the actual IM field lists the correct full address for my IM (clicking the link does nothing) but the IM button at the top of the contact card is what is grayed out.

I've added the SIP address per the instructions on the Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.2.x Installation and Configuration Guide (Page 48, Enable Presence with the Active Directory User and Computers Tool) to my account but I am hesitant to add for the entire Org at his time via the ADSchemaWizard.exe utility available in the Cisco Jabber for Windows administration package.

Will we have to manually add, or run the ADSchemaWizard.exe utility, to update new users in the future to provide this fuctionality? I'm at a loss as to why this would be required for a cloud based system when running Cisco WebEx Connect on later versions of Outlook (WECv7.2.2) worked without issue or this "new" requirement. Any further explaination would be greatly appreciated.

I will check with this change tomorrow following our GAL replication to see if two users are able to see their varying Presense updated with this fix action, as currently they are still showing a blank status. Thanks.

I gave it a bit more time and it seems for some of the users that were not showing their presence, or intermittantly, was due to their SIP address being removed from our Exchange server's default address list or their client disconnecting intermittantly from switching between LAN/WiFi/AnyConnect (which actively occurs in our environment).

All Jabber IM / WECv7.2.2 clients can view the presence of any user in our Org with the SIP address in AD across all MS Office platforms (2007/2010/2011/2013) and SharePoint (2007/2010/2013); AD running on Server 2008 R2 Ent SP1.

Thanks Katie!

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I've also upgraded to 9.2.2 and am continuing to experience issues with Outlook/Jabber integration for Presence.

I've verified that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\Cisco Jabber is set with UpAndRunning as "2" and that HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\IM is set with Enabled and EnablePresence as "1".

I am never able to see Presence status in Outlook 2013.

This is Outlook 2013 64-bit on 64-bit Windows 8, although I've also tested on Windows 7.

This works perfectly with Communicator and yes, I've already verified SIP addresses and such. This also works fine with Outlook 2010 on Windows 7.

Hi,

I would suggest the same to you also

Do you have another IM client installed? or did you install another IM client after installing Jabber? If so you need to uninstall both clienst and just install Jabber.

If not I would suggest you open a TAC case and they will schedule a webex.  The quickest way to troubleshoot this is to get on the system.