cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Chat Rooms disappeared after power outage / reboot

ccrossman28
Level 1
Level 1

Over the weekend we had a power outage. We noticed this morning that chat rooms were missing.   Upon further investigation, I found the server that has our chat database had a trust issue with the domain.  I rejoined it to the domain and looked in IM & Presence and connections were good in the troubleshooting section. 

Is there a service or something I need to restart? Or any other ideas? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there

Yes, XCP Router must be running. If you restart the Cisco XCP Router all active XCP services will be restarted. Also note that when you then turn on the XCP router, you need to manually turn on the other XCP services.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi there
I think you are good. Watch out for these

* Notifications in IMP
* Diagnostics >> System Configuration >> Troubleshooter
* External Database connectivity >> External database status

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

Thanks for those Rath, 

It is not working. I also noticed I cannot group chat.   The only thing in the troubleshoot that says it not started is the XCP Directory Service is not running. Does this need to be running for it to work? 

In Notifications, it is telling me to restart the xcp router service. I assume if i do this, all chat services will temporarily go 

Hi there

Yes, XCP Router must be running. If you restart the Cisco XCP Router all active XCP services will be restarted. Also note that when you then turn on the XCP router, you need to manually turn on the other XCP services.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

This did the trick. And thanks for letting know about the manual starting of the other services. I don't think I would have ever figured that out!