cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Client for Windows

deepak.puranik
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber Client for Windows doesn't show other users on search. All these users are available in Presence and created manually in CUCM. I am using just 4 users and they all logged into Jabber Client.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

In that case, you need to set up Jabber for 'UDS'. This involves creating an XML file and uploading it to your CUCM TFTP server.

Details here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0100.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What directory config have you set up? Have you configured a Jabber config file in TFTP?

Do the userIDs of the users in CUCM match the userIDs of the LDAP users?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

There is no LDAP integration. Users are manually added in CUCM and Presence is synced with CUCM.

Jabber client is been added in CUCM and registered.

Hi,

Please provide a problem report (help -> Reprt a problem...) to investigate.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi

What version of CUCM do you have?

By default, JfW uses EDI - it uses the logged-on user on the workstation to access Active Directory to search for users.

If you are on 8.6.2 of CUCM, you can have it search the CUCM directory instead.

If you are pre8.6.2, then LDAP is mandatory.

Regards

Aaron

CUCM 8.6.2

Presence 8.6.3

Jabber Clients are not registered in CUCM.

I don't know have to attach problem report file here.

Hi

In that case, you need to set up Jabber for 'UDS'. This involves creating an XML file and uploading it to your CUCM TFTP server.

Details here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0100.html

Regards

Aaron

That resolve my issue. Here is the xml file I uploaded to CUCM.File name is jabber-config and restarted fttp services.

UDS

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for help.

I am having same problem for Jabber iPad. I can not do search from my existing contacts.

Hi Deepak

So here's where it gets interesting. The various Jabber clients don't have much in common, so it's important to read the admin guide for each.

Jabber for iPad doesn't use UDS, it requires LDAP - you must have LDAP, and you must have users in it with UserIDs that match the UserID in CUCM. By default the sAMAccountName must match, but you can map the UserID in CUCM to a different field in LDAP if you need to.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Can you clarify you comments regarding Jabber for iPad?

Must have LDAP - does this mean CCM must be synced to LDAP and using LDAP authentication for ipads?

We have a customer that has a mapping of User ID = employeeNumber (in CCM LDAP directory setting and CUPS,

Cisco Jabber LDAP Attribute Mapping)

Jabber for Windows is configured to mapp this attribute in the XML file:

employeeNumber

How do we achive the same mapping for the Jabber for iPad clients? The contacts are just showing as employeenumber@domain.net

Thanks,

James

Hi

From this section of the iPad config doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPad/9_1/Admin/JABP_BK_J3C828CB_00_jabber-for-ipad-admin-9-1-1_chapter_0100.html#task_E460F6B49C184DFFA61AD6E919E7066E) it looks like Jabber on iPad uses the CUPS attribute mappings.

I would configure your uid element in that config page to be employeeNumber. I would also set up your AD schema to make employeeNumber an indexed attribute to speed up performance - I think by default this is not done. It's also not part of the data replicated to global catalogs so if you need to use the GC service it would be worth enabling that as well.

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: