Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber client URL configuration issue for tuning service discovery

Omar Gamil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'm trying to send jabber client URL configuration to change the service domain for service discovery (e.g. ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=example.com&VoiceServicesDomain=uc.example.com) via mail but unfortunately the URL doesn't appear as a hyperlink; It just appears as a clear text.

I need the advice for solving this issue.

Regards;

Omar Gamil

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Omar,

You can use the following procedure:

Use the following procedure to distribute the link from a website.

Procedure

Step 1   Create an internal web page that includes the configuration URL as an HTML hyperlink.
    Step 2   Email the link to the internal web page to users.
    In the email message, instruct users to perform the following steps:
    1. Install the client.

2. Click the link in the email message to open the internal web page.

3. Click the link on the internal web page to configure the client.

Hi Manish,

I tried this workaround but unfortunately it didn't work as well. so, is there any other method to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

its strange. i checked the install guide for jabber 11.6 but it was not mentioned if this method is supported for jabber for windows. can you try the URL which you created on MAC or mobile. The guide which i am referring is below :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_6/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-ciscojabber-116/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-ciscojabber-116_chapter_01110.html

I don't face any issue in the windows client as I Installed the client via cmd as mentioned in the document. The problem is in the link for mobile device for android as the device doesn't recognize it as a link, it consider the link as a clear text. I tried the method of putting the link in a web page and it didn't work as well.

Is there any method overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance

can you try adding http: in front of the link and then check if this works for example

http://ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=example.com&VoiceServicesDomain=uc.example.com

Hi Varundeep,

I tried this and didn't work.

alright then try this and this should work.

1. configure the URL in HTML link. for eg

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Hyperlink Example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <p>Click below for jabber provisioning</p>
    <a href="ciscojabber://provision?servicesdomain=example.com&ServiceDiscoveryExcludeServices=WEBEX" target="_self">Jabber Provisioning</a>
    </body>
    </html>

and then save this file as HTML.

2. once you do this , host this html file on a web server. make sure jabber is able to access web server and this html file.

this is an ideal sol and should work :)

Hi Varundeep Chhatwa,

I tried your example and it worked with Android, but it did not work with the Iphone. Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: